Java SE 6 contains various tools that you can use to start, stop, access, and administer JavaDB.
Some of the JavaDB tools are:
- server: Starts the JavaDB database.
- ij Represents a JDBC scripting tool.
- You can use ij to run scripts against a JavaDB database.
- You can also use ij to run SQL queries.
- You can use ij to access JavaDB running in both the embedded and client/server environments.
- sysinfo: Displays information about the JavaDB version and the environment.
- dblook: Generates and stores the Data Definition Language (DDL) to a file.
- In Java SE 6, the server, ij, sysinfo, and dblook tools are packaged in the derbyrun.jar file.
- You can locate the derbyrun.jar file in the <JAVA_HOME>/db/lib directory.