Setting Up the Database
The instructions that follow explain how to use the
SavingsAccountEJBexample with a Cloudscape database. The Cloudscape software is included with the J2EE SDK download bundle.
- From the command-line prompt, run the Cloudscape database server by typing
cloudscape -start.(When you are ready to shut down the server, type
- Create the
You may also run this example with databases other than Cloudscape. (See the Release Notes of the J2EE SDK for a list of supported databases.) If you are using one of these other databases, you may run the
j2eetutorial/examples/sql/savingsaccount.sqlscript to create the
deploytool, open the
- Deploy the
SavingsAccountAppapplication (ToolsDeploy). In the Introduction dialog box, make sure that you select the Return Client JAR checkbox.
- In a terminal window, go to the
- Set the
APPCPATHenvironment variable to
- Type the following command on a single line:
- At the login prompts, enter
guestfor the user name and
guest123for the password.
- The client should display the following lines:
balance = 68.25 balance = 32.55 456: 44.77 730: 19.54 268: 100.07 836: 32.55 456: 44.77 4.00 7.00